Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Jackie Chou


I Have Feet


I have feet

it is good to know


I have feet

to take me down 

the pebbled road


There

the pigeons gather

to feast on crumbs


Where, o where

is my slice 

of the capitalist pie?


I have feet

instead of claws 

or a wheelchair 


my footsteps

drowned out

by the whoosh of traffic





The Painted Door


I'd open the door for you,

man, woman,

dark-haired or blonde,

any colored eyes,

clean-cut or rugged,

holes or no holes

on jeans.

 

A door,

if you'd allow me,

to the wonderland 

in my heart,

where we interlock 

our multicolored,

smooth or rough

fingers.


First published in Alien Buddha Zine


Jack G Bowman

Fall Nature His mind shits on to October thoughts; dying, hibernation, death, sacrifice he watches the sky for the returning comet, misses t...