Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozábal

Rivers Like Tears


Rivers like tears

are haulers of pain.

Taken away 

to another world,


I drift through the

rivers and the tears.

These haulers of

pain, these rivers, tears,


the tides send me

to other worlds and

I sink or swim.

Never triumphant,


the storm sends me

reeling on hard waves

that bruise my bones

and harm my good eye.


I feel my flesh 

fill with dark water

once blue. It makes 

me nauseous. Now and


then I bathe in blood.

The reddening sky seems

like a wall of

pain that will soon fall.




A Night in the City


Night fills with

helicopter sound

and flashing lights;

swallowed and regurgitated shadows,

street spotlights,

metallic cars screeching,

cops and suspects,

barred windows rattling 

from the outside ruckus.

The city never sleeps

with so much sound,

from one valley to the next,

there is a poem to be written 

about what goes on.

Put everything in, the blood,

the tears, the pain of a night like this.




Fools


Fools will be fooled

by fools promising things


They feed on lies

as if Heaven sent and their 

rebellious ways are misguided.


Why be a rebellious fool?

Why be cozy with fools?

I am wondering what is sacred

about falsehood?


The violence of sheep

who follow the word of the fool,

every word, they follow along

to a fool’s paradise.


The mind begins to fade.

It cannot reason.

They follow the voice

lost in false promises.

Head over heels, they are.

They walk through the door

and drop to the floor.


Empty promises

continue to mesmerize the fools.

They walk toward the light

after years of becoming the fool.

It is sad to see

how a fool has become their god.


Jack G Bowman

Fall Nature His mind shits on to October thoughts; dying, hibernation, death, sacrifice he watches the sky for the returning comet, misses t...