Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Don Kingfisher Campbell


Cultural Appropriation


Oh oh, CaLokie, you suggested

making the November theme for

Four Feathers Press online edition 

Dia De Los Muertos, isn't that...?


Not as bad as performing songs

from another culture like Paul 

Simon did on Graceland, and, 

now that I think about it, Me And 

Julio Down By The Schoolyard.

Don't even mention Genesis!


Yikes, am I not allowed to order

my beloved bean and cheese

burrito anymore? And I just

bought dumplings at the 168

Market on Valley Boulevard

and nobody stopped me 

except to say Shi Sheh.


You know why I got them,

my wife is from Dalian, then

adulted in Sanya. Is getting

married the ultimate C.A.?


Wait a minute, I'm writing

this poem in English. Talk

about colloquial acquisition....






Triumph and Tragedy


Wheeled out the portable

Air conditioner that looks

Like an all-white R2-D2


Sat it next to me in my red

UCLA-lifted swivel chair to

Provide a 78-degree breeze


I pointed the white plastic

Caterpillar-like exhaust tube

To the parted front door space


Below the bottom of the black

Iron security screen somehow an 

Orange butterfly stilled by blast






Horror
(a found poem*)

 
1 (Jupiter eats Earth)


imagine a grape

next to a basketball

like a drop of food


coloring into ocean

glowing white hot

liquid metallic hydrogen


2 (Visit HD189733b)


blue earth-like planet 

with soft oceanic swirls

a Van Gogh marble


constant winds whip

rainstorms of molten

glass shards sideways


fiery cosmic tornado

chunks shred you apart

with near infinite cuts


3 (the great nothing)


everything will dissolve

voids are growing and will

consume all things forever


*Inspired by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVs7MwizT5

Jack G Bowman

Fall Nature His mind shits on to October thoughts; dying, hibernation, death, sacrifice he watches the sky for the returning comet, misses t...